The last of 16 streamlined PCC streetcars completely rebuilt for Muni by Brookville Equipment Company was delivered to its owner today.
Posting old and current profile photos side by side has been the rage on Facebook of late, so we thought we’d post our own…just one of dozens of comparisons we could make that show just how wonderful Muni’s restoration of historic streetcars is.
[caption id="attachment_7727" align="alignleft" width="700"] PCC Streetcar No. 1006, training on the E-line June 30, 2015, joins the light rail tracks that emerge from the Market Street Subway at Folsom Street.[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_7721" align="alignleft" width="700"] Vintage 1948 double-end PCC streetcars Nos. 1006 (left) and 1011 pass just south of the Ferry Building during E-line training, July 1, 2015[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_7693" align="alignleft" width="700"] E-line car No. 1008 in 2013 Demonstration Service at its Caltrain Depot terminal.[/caption]
Archive: All Posts