The San Francisco Railway Museum makes a great special event venue for groups up to 45 people. The museum is located at 77 Steuart St, just a half-block away from the Ferry Building, right on the F-Market & Wharves vintage streetcar line, providing unique atmosphere as the electric streetcars glide by (quietly!) every few minutes .
Your group can enjoy evening cocktail service and hors d’oeuvres at the museum or we can also arrange an excursion on a historic streetcar with a return to the museum or drop off at a restaurant of your choice along the line. These packages can include hors d’oeuvres and beverages (wine, beer & water). We handle the streetcar charter arrangements if applicable to your event.
Availability & Group Size
- The San Francisco Railway Museum is available for rental events in the evenings when the museum is closed.
- This currently includes Monday through Sunday evenings after 5:00pm.
- The standard evening rental contract is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., which includes the setup, event, and strike.
- Perfect for groups ranging from 10-45 people, including business and social groups, families, and kids’ parties.
- Displays and interactive features of the museum will be accessible to your guests. Note that some displays are fixed and cannot be removed, while others can be moved to the periphery to make more room for guests to gather.
- We require a minimum two-hour rental with extra time billed by the hour or any fraction thereof.
- The hourly cost for Sunday through Thursday events is $250.
- The hourly cost for Friday and Saturday events is $300.
- Sound system and large screen monitor are available for a flat rate of $50 for the duration of your event.
- If you like, we can prepackage takeaway “goody bags” made up of our unique gifts you choose, at our regular retail prices.
Food & Beverage
We can provide basic catering, refer you to nearby trusted caterers, or you can supply your own food and beverage.
For more information, Contact us